Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chunky Man is Eating Again

They started letting Owen eat again late last night. He started with a little pedialite around 11 and then at 3 am he had his first bottle. They told us he would probably start eating again slowly but he took a whopping 4 ozs - the same as he was taking before we had to come back to Gainesville.
The nurse said he wanted more but they wanted to wait before giving him more. At his 7 am feed he took 3 ozs. So I'm pretty sure he's ready to go back to being himself. Praise God. No news on how much longer we will be here or what the plan is for now. They are still monitoring him on the EEG recording brain waves to see if he's having anymore subclinial seizures. He's now on 3 medications to prevent seizures instead of just one that he was on before we had to come back. I will update more when I know more. Thanks for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Jerica,
    I stumbled upon this blog from a link on BabyCenter, and I just want you to know that I am praying for your family. Tears are streaming down my face as I read of your son's difficulties, and I just want to give you a hug, even though I don't know you, although, we're sister's in Christ! Keep leaning on Him!

    ReplyDelete